- Binance boss Changpeng Zhao met virtually with Dr. Nureddin Nebati, the Finance Minister of Turkey.
- The pair held discussions on cryptocurrency and the blockchain ecosystem.
- Reports said that Turkey could soon regularize its crypto scene with dedicated laws and policies.
- Turkey is also a major source of traffic for Binance.
- Zhao has met with several world leaders and government officials in a bid to drive broader crypto adoption and explore blockchain’s advantages for economies.
- CZ’s exchange also has a growing presence in Europe and the Middle East.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao met with the Finance Minister of Turkey Dr. Nureddin Nebati this week to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology as the country readies its crypto regulatory policies to drive innovation within its jurisdiction
According to a post from the official Twitter account of the Turkish government official on Wednesday, the pair had a virtual meeting. The specifics from the meeting were not disclosed but “blockchain ecosystem” and “crypto assets” were among the key topics discussed.
Notably, Binance opened a dedicated customer service center in Turkey aimed at providing 24/7 support to customers in the country.
However, the leading crypto exchange has not experienced a turbulence-free time in Turkey. Authorities fined CZ’s exchange $750,000 in December 2021 over failure to comply with regulations.
Turkey also supposedly plans to implement fresh cryptocurrency policies as the industry continues to grow and garner attention from citizens.
Binance Chief Meets With Sovereign Leaders To Drive Crypto Adoption
Turkey is the latest location where CZ has shown interest over the course of 2022. Zhao has also had meetings with El Salvador’s President Nayib Bukele, Ivorian President HE Mr. Alassane OUATTARA, and authorities in the Middle East as well.
These meetings have reportedly focused on driving broader crypto adoption and pushing blockchain technology within sovereign economies.